Your library card is as valuable as a credit card!
With your library card's barcode and PIN, you have access to a wealth of free resources.
Obviously, you can check out library items on your card, including books, DVDs, Blu-rays, video games, puzzles, magazines, audiobooks, etc. But did you know that with your card, you can also get:
- Free downloadable eBooks and audiobooks through Libby https://www.overdrive.com/apps/libby
- Free computer basics classes at winnefox.org/tech-skills-center
- Access to Gale Courses. These college-level courses last for six weeks, and are taught by real professors. Subjects include everything from Excel to Photoshop, marketing. math, criminal law, veterinary medicine, drawing, statistics... everything you can think of! They're all FREE. https://education.gale.com/l-winnefox/
- Access to Learning Express Library. They offer textbooks, practice problems, and test prep for all subjects, including math at all levels. There are also specific guides and practice exams for occupational tests (like the nursing exams ATI TEAS and NCLEX-RN, or the military's ASVAB, or the AMP Real Estate exam, etc) as well as academic tests like the SAT, ACT, GED, LSAT, and GRE. https://sql.winnefox.org/research/tests.asp?lib=pri
- Access to Princeton's historical newspapers, Newspaper Archive and the Archive of Wisconsin Newspapers
- Entrance to a wide variety of high-level academic research tools plus homework help and homeschooling resources for students under 18 https://sql.winnefox.org/research/default.asp?lib=pri
- Local history and genealogy databases
- The Favorite Author Club- sign up to be automatically put on hold for hot new releases by your favorite authors, FREE
- The free Winnefox Library System app, which lets you keep track of your library account on the go.
...and even more resources, too many to list here! Click here to see everything available to you: https://sql.winnefox.org/research/default.asp?lib=pri
DID YOU KNOW?
Your library card isn't just a Princeton library card.
With it, you can check out items for free at any of the 30 libraries in the Winnefox System! We can also order items from any of these libraries to be delivered here, for free.
WHY DO WE WANT YOU TO CARRY YOUR CARD?
- So you can easily access all of the cool, free resources we offer. You usually need your library card barcode number and PIN for that.
- Your library card is as valuable as a credit card. If you lose it, someone else may be using it to take out expensive items under your name. Let us know immediately if you lose your card, so we can block it.
- While we can look up your account with your name and birthday, if we make that a habit, anyone with that info could use your account. Announcing your name and birthday in public is also not safe.
- We don't want to make a mistake! While we can look up your account, we sometimes have trouble with our huge database. We want to make sure we have the right person.
- You'll be helping us save time and mental energy.