1. When is the library open?
2. How do I get a library card?
You will need to fill out library card application- click HERE for a PDR or pick one up at the library. Bring a form of picture identification (for example a driver's license) with a current address. If you do not have a picture ID with a current address, then two forms of identification are needed: a picture ID and some form of official mail that does show your current address (electric bill, water bill, phone bill, etc.) to the main desk at the library. Cards are issued for immediate use.
3. Do I need to live in Princeton to get a library card?
No. All Wisconsin residents, full or part time, are able to apply for a library card.
4. Can I use my Princeton Library card at other libraries?
Yes. Your library card will work at 29 other libraries, in the Winnefox Library System. Nearby libraries include the Caestecker Public Library in Green Lake, the Montello Public Library, the Neshkoro Public Library, and the Ripon Public Library.
5. Can I return other library items to the Princeton Library?
Yes. Items from other Winnefox Libraries may be returned to the Princeton Library and will be checked in the day they are returned. The Princeton Library receives a van delivery of items four days a week. Items are returned and requested through this van system. Please do not return items outside the Winnefox System to Princeton.
6. If I lose my library card, can I get another?
Yes, lost library cards may be replaced. The replacement fee is $.50 for children, $1.00 for adults.
7. Can I receive my hold and overdue notices by e-mail or text?
Yes, you may request your hold notices, due date reminder notices, and overdue notices be sent to you by e-mail or text. To add your email, stop into the library with your library card. For our texting service, click HERE for more info.
8. Are there fines for overdue items?
There are no fines for overdue children's books. There ARE fines for all DVDs and overdue adult materials.
- Adult materials: $.10/day
- All DVDs: $.50/day
9. How long can I keep items I checked out?
- Books, Audio Books, and CDs: 21 days*
- DVDs, PS4, Tablets, Video Games, and Magazines: 7 days
If an item does not have a hold on it, it can be renewed up to two times.
*Some highly popular items may only be checked out for 14 days.
10. Can I be put on a waiting list if something I want is checked out?
You can place holds at the library or while using the library's online catalog. You may also call 920-295-6777, and a we will place a hold for you. To place a hold on an item you've found when using our web catalog, click on the words Place Hold. A login screen will appear. Type in your library card number (on the back of your card) with no spaces and your PIN, which is the last four digits of your phone number. Click Place Hold again. A Submit Hold screen will appear. Check to see that Princeton is the pickup location. If this is correct, click on the words Submit Hold. You will receive an email, phone call, or text when your hold arrives at the library.
11. Does the library have computers with access to the internet?
Yes. The library has four public desktops which print, and six Chromebooks which do not print. All are connected to the internet. There is free Wi-fi for personal devices as well, and there is no password for the Wi-fi.