Spending a lot of time at home? Learn something new!
We have great kits for you to check out to help you find a new hobby. They are all free to check out, just like a book.
Check out our upcoming events!
Click HERE for a printable pdf of August Events.
The Library Board meets on the first Monday of every month at 6pm. The Board does not meet in July.
The Princeton Library Board Meeting will be held at the library
424 W. Water St. Princeton WI 54968
6pm Monday August 9th 2021
- Call to order
- Roll call of members
- Approval of minutes from June
- Friend's Report
- Review & approval of bills from June and July
- Director’s report June & July
- Director's Unpaid Leave Request
- Digitization of historical newspapers
- Library Budget
- Pandemic precautions review
- loosen or tighten restrictions?
The next meeting will be on Monday, September 6th at 6pm.
You may need a library card to access some of our resources. If you don't have one right now, go here to get one, free: https://vulgus.winnefox.org/onlineregFAQ.html
The Alzheimer's & Dementia Alliance of Wisconsin have created free online classes to support to caregivers, families, and friends impacted with Alzheimer's and dementia. If you would like to sign up for any of the classes, click on this link: ADAW.May_.VirtualEducationPrograms.pdf (Under each class, you will see "Click here to register.")
Overdrive is our most popular online resource-- download ebooks and audiobooks for free!
If you have a smartphone or tablet, download the Libby App.
All you need to do is sign in with your library card number and PIN. Your library card number is all the numbers on the back of your library card, with no spaces. Your PIN is four numbers, the last four numbers of the phone number you gave us when you signed up. Books are available for all ages, and we recently added many more titles. You may have to wait to download some books, but others are available 24/7. J.K. Rowling recently released the audio and ebook versions of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for unlimited checkouts with no waiting until April 30th.
Need financial assistance? UW Madison has put together a great list of resources.
Do you have a young student at home? Check out Story Time Online, KidLit TV, Scholastic's Learn at Home, a list of 30 online "field trips" with live cameras or virtual walk-throughs, a sample daily schedule for kids, a great list of resources at Read Wonder & Learn, Live Learning videos with LivBits, Mystery Science lessons for grades K-5, and 1 Hour Coding for Kids for K-9th grades. Finally, here's a HUGE List of at-home educational entertainment resources, including live webcams, activities and more.
Do you have an older student at home?
Check out the Winnefox Tech Skills Center, where you can learn technology skills at your own pace by watching these video tutorials on popular software and computer basics.
You should also visit our Research Page for more great links, including homework help, genealogy resources, automotive repair guides, Consumer Reports, language learning, and lots more.
Want more free ebooks?
Sesame Street is offering some free ebooks for kids right now.
The Internet Archive's Open Library has textbooks, classics, and even some juvenile chapter books like The Giver by Lowis Lowry, The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, and Matilda by Roald Dahl.
Open Culture has a nice list of older classics.
The National Emergency Library is a collection of mostly older non-fiction books that supports remote teaching, research activities, independent scholarship, and intellectual stimulation.
Project Gutenberg has over 60,000 titles (mostly older).
Do you miss the Book Page magazine? Sign up to get a digital copy.
Need to connect with people digitally? Here are some resources for online meetings:
- Microsoft Teams https://products.office.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/group-chat-software
- Facebook Live https://www.facebook.com/facebookmedia/solutions/facebook-live
- Google Hangouts https://gsuite.google.com/products/meet/
- Zoho https://www.zoho.com/meeting/
- Zoom https://zoom.us/
- Join.me https://www.join.me/
The Winnefox digital resource collection has hundreds of free Gale Courses on almost everything. From accounting to photoshop, alternative medicine to web design, you can advance your career, build your resume, or just learn a new hobby!
- 375+ interactive online courses, available 24/7.
- Courses run for six weeks.
- New sessions begin every month.
- Taught by college instructors who are experts in their field.
- Certificate of Completion awarded.
- Students who have enrolled in a course must log in and VIEW (not complete) lessons one and two within 13 days after the start date of the course, or they will be automatically dropped.
- Students who are dropped from a course will be able to enroll in the course during a later session.