The library is ready to celebrate Christmas! Join us for Christmas in Princeton on Friday November 23. From 1-4pm we will have kids crafts and showings of classic animated Christmas movies. From 4-6 there are events with sweet treats throughout the town, and then come back to Water Street for the 6pm Parade and Tree Lighting. The Friends of the Library will be giving out coupons for free kids books after the Parade. The library will have extended hours from 9-8pm.
Want to raise strong eager readers? Start children early. Sign for the library's 1,000 books before Kindergarten program which rewards parents and children for the good work they are already doing reading aloud. Want to read 1,000 books in a single year? That is just three books a night. And repeats totally count. For more information about the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten, contact the library-920-295-6777.
The Winnefox digital resource collection has just expanded ten-fold with its subscription to hundreds of free Gale Courses.
- 375+ interactive online courses, available 24/7.
- Courses run for six weeks.
- New sessions begin every month.
- Taught by college instructors who are experts in their field.
- Certificate of Completion awarded.
- Students who have enrolled in a course must log in and VIEW (not complete) lessons one and two within 13 days after the start date of the course, or they will be automatically dropped.
- Students who are dropped from a course will be able to enroll in the course during a later session.
Children ages 5 and under are encourage to attend our weekly Storytime at 10am on Thursday. Children and their guardians will have a chance to play, create, sing, and, of course, read. Each week has a theme with participants listening to 3 to 4 books followed by a craft and a snack. An excellent opportunity to instill early literary skills.