HEY! Do you download free library eBooks or audiobooks?
The OverDrive app will stop serving people at the end of April.
If you haven't switched to the new version yet (Libby) here's everything you need to know:
- your login and password will remain the same
- everything is still free
- the same number of books and audiobooks are available
- your current loans and holds from the OverDrive app will be added to Libby as soon as you add your library card
- Kindle Fire tablets still have a compatibility issue with Libby, but there's a workaround here: https://www.overdrive.com/apps/libby/kindlefire
- YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE LIBBY APP TO MAKE THE SWITCH
- if you are downloading books to your desktop computer, please use libbyapp.com
For a step-by-step guide to switching from Overdrive to Libby,
For a link to the new Libby app, FAQs, and troubleshooting
click here: https://resources.overdrive.com/libby/
Libby also comes with new features we know you’ll love, like:
· Tags to categorize books however you’d like—you can even sync your OverDrive wish list into a tag!
· A central bookshelf for all loans and holds
· Customizable notifications for ready holds
· Compatibility with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Sonos speakers
· Easy access to OverDrive support staff